Key or strategic accounts are your most important clients. Not only are they your most important clients they are also the ones at most risk of attack from your competition. If they are important to you then they will certainly be attractive to your competitors. Therefore learning how to manage and develop key accounts is an essential skill, if we want to stay ahead of the competition.
Do you know who your key clients are?
Do you have the right management structure and adequately trained personnel to retain and grow your key accounts?
Are you successfully winning over your competitors’ most attractive accounts?
Managing the day-to-day activities of your second-tier accounts can often distract you from looking after your most valued clients, sadly to the benefit of your competitors.
Management of your key accounts (KAM) cannot be left to chance or the potential consequences could be disastrous. Developing strategic account management techniques and key account managers should therefore be a priority in ensuring you not only protect existing clients from competitive attack, but more significantly build profitable and sustainable business relationships with high value clients.
Effectively practiced, key account management results in excellent customer retention, improved sales, higher profits and a stronger business relationship.
Understanding and practicing key account management principles, is therefore essential for the long term viability of any organisation faced with a fast moving and competitive environment.
Equally important is the identification and strategic implementation of KAM principles in target accounts. Are we selecting the right accounts to manage in a proactive way?
Key Account Management Training
In this two day key account management workshop you will develop KAM skills, learning how to effectively manage your most valuable existing and prospective accounts leading to improved customer retention and increased customer loyalty.
Areas covered include;
- How to evaluate the fundamental attributes of a key account
- Assign a tangible value to any account
- Define clear roles and responsibilities of key account managers
- Evaluate a client business environmental analysis
- Assess client organisational culture and it’s fit with your organisation
- Research clients financial performance and future business objectives
- Create a client SWOT analysis
- Develop a Competitor Matrix
- Pareto analysis of accounts
- Create a contact matrix and ensure all team members are aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Motivational theory and its relevance to maintaining good client relationships
- Understand buyer motivation and how you can influence it
- How to effectively network the account
- Maintain team focus ensuring account objectives and key tasks are meet
- Recognise where influence and authority lies and it’s impact on account activity
- Learn how to build a ring of steel around your client and stop your competitors dead in their tracks
- Understand the importance of product development within a key account
- Use account planning tools to build a robust and implementable ten point client plan
Download key account management course outline
In-Company Key Account Management Programs
Have more than six members of staff who could benefit from developing skills in key account management?
We can develop a bespoke program for your organisation which can be facilitated on your premises or at a location of your choice. We deliver this course nationally and internationally.
Our in house cost effective key account management workshops can be tailor made to any specifications and made relevant to industries served. Our experienced consultants are available to discuss your specific requirements.
Contact Peter now on 07818 244084 to arrange a free consultation. Alternatively click the request info button below to be transferred to our web mail form and we will contact you by return.
Key Account Management Course – Public Schedule
We have scheduled a number of two day key account management workshops that are open to the public in central London.
Scheduled dates can be seen below.
|London||March 7th and 8th 2016
Please note we limit the open workshop to six delegates only, to promote optimum levels of interaction between delegates and facilitator. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Delegates will be asked to complete some pre-work before attending so they come armed with as much relevant information as possible to build an account strategy during our time together.
Delegate fees are £825 per person and includes facilitation, materials, workbook, lunch, refreshments and post course certificate.
Two or more delegates available at £695 per person.
If there are no places left when trying to book on-line please contact us to be added to the wait list in case of cancellations.
To reserve a place on any of the above courses either click the book on-line icon or please download and send a completed booking form together with a cheque made payable to Paramount Learning Ltd to cover delegate fees.
Should you have any questions regarding our courses in key account management then click the request information button below to be transferred to our mailing form.